MedBridge was recently named one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. and the #7 fastest growing in Seattle by Inc. 500. We also won Geekwire's 2016 "Bootstrapper of the Year" award!
Are you looking for a job that has a positive impact on the world - somewhere you can grow your skills while also making a real difference in people’s lives? We are looking for a passionate Corporate Counsel & HIPAA Compliance Specialist who wants to make a big impact while experiencing the excitement of a fast-growing company at the intersection point of online education and healthcare.
In this role you will:
- Draft, revise, and negotiate contracts with vendors, partners, and clients - including MSA’s, NDA’s, Independent Contractor Agreements, instructor contracts, Business Associate Agreements, affiliate marketing contracts, and vendor contracts.
- Manage MedBridge’s library of contracts and work with finance and management personnel to streamline the contract management and review processes.
- Support MedBridge’s sales team, in drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic technology service and licensing agreements with enterprise customers and partners.
- Manage complex legal projects and provide appropriate advice that is informed by realistic risk assessment.
- Work closely with MedBridge’s IT Security and Compliance team to maintain and improve MedBridge’s HIPAA compliance program.
- Provide counsel regarding data privacy and security issues, as they relate to regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and interpret state and federal regulatory requirements and interact with regulators to ensure the company's regulatory compliance.
- Research and monitor changes in privacy law and regulation, and recommend new policy and procedures as necessary to meet new and ongoing compliance obligations.
- Consult on copyright and trademark questions, specifically as they relate to MedBridge course content.
- Consult with outside counsel on an as-needed basis.
- Other related Ad Hoc projects.
- A law degree (JD) from an accredited law school is required.
- 1 - 4 years of experience.
- Strong transactional background, with familiarity with IT/technology transactions.
- Experience in health care or HIPAA compliance.
- In-house experience at a technology company and/or in the healthcare field is a plus.
- A background in software licensing (including open source), web services/cloud computing or telecommunications is a plus.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards and frameworks - such as NIST and HITRUST - is a plus.
- We’re passionate about building products that improve the quality of life for patients - providing clinicians with the highest quality educational content and tools, on an innovative learning platform.
- We believe collaboration is crucial to speedy execution and value in-person interactions across roles.
- We move fast and are scrappy, ruthlessly prioritizing to test and deliver new products, features and services for our customers.
- We’re bootstrapped and proud of it; our success and continued growth are driven by products that customers love and actually pay us for.
- We enjoy each other’s company - whether at work or company sponsored events, we have fun.
- We value our employees, offering 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) program with 50% company matching, up to 2%.
- We believe in continued personal growth, offering 2 paid days and an allowance for the professional development of your choice.
Our mission is to improve the lives of patients and medical providers, while raising the quality of healthcare globally by creating the most impactful educational content and innovative learning platform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.